Please Read First then fill out the Adoption Application
The Adoption Process Explained
Each of our fosters puts a significant amount of time, effort, patience and love into our deserving rescue cocker spaniels. Our goal for each rescue dog is to find the best possible forever home for him/her. To accomplish this goal, our adoption process is as follows:
- Anyone interested in adopting a Cherished Cocker should first complete the adoption application (see links below). The application does NOT obligate you to adopt from Cherished Cockers, nor does it guarantee the adoption will be approved. It simply provides the household demographic data to our foster so they can discuss the dog of interest with the applicant to determine if the home would be a good fit for our rescue friend.
- Once the application is received, a member of the Cherished Cockers Rescue Board will review and forward to the foster. The foster will contact the applicant to discuss the dog of interest. The foster will then provide feedback to the board indicating if the dog would be a good fit for the applicant’s home.
- If the foster and applicant agree the dog would be a good fit, a Cherished Cocker Rescue board member will check the references provided on the application. If necessary, we may contact the applicant again for clarification of information.
- With positive reference checks, if we have a volunteer in the area of the applicant we prefer to visit the house as a follow up to the phone conversation. If we do not have a volunteer in the area of the applicant, we may request digital pictures of the applicant’s house/yard in lieu of a house visit.
- Once the house visit (or alternative) is complete and the adopter is approved, we will have the foster contact the applicant to work out pick up arrangements. In special cases, we may assist with transport.
- When picking up a Cherished Cocker, the applicant will give a completed adoption contract (different than the application) and the adoption donation to the foster or transport person.
- We provide 3 weeks of evaluation for each Cherished Cocker adopted for the adopter to make sure their new pet is a good fit. At any time during the first three weeks, if the adopter determines the dog is not a good fit for any reason, the dog is to be returned to Cherished Cockers Rescue and a full refund of the adoption donation will be given. After three weeks, per contract if the adopter is unable to keep the dog, he/she will be returned to the rescue however the adoption donation is not refunded.
To learn more about what will be required from you please read our
There are three ways to fill out an application.
You can fill out a form online at:
You can print out the form and send it in, we have a doc form at:
You can print out the form and send it in, we have a pdf
Mail, Fax, or attach & email to:
C/O Christine Bacon
8216 Rushton Drive
Mentor, Ohio 44060-2025
Cherished Cockers Rescue Email
Copyright © 2008-2013 Cherished Cockers Rescue